Weekend Course in Photogravure in Copenhagen
Photopolymer plates plader/Toyobo Plates with Henrik Bøegh
The workshops will take place during the winter 2019
If you are interested the please send a mail and I will let you know the dates.
MAXIMUM 4 participants
Where: Grafisk Eksperimentarium, Trepkasgade 8, kld.tv., DK-2100 Copenhagen Ø
Who: Instructor Henrik Bøegh. The course is aimed at photographers and printmakers with or without knowledge of photogravure.
Price: EURO 335,- incl. all materials and 1 Photopolymer Plate in A3 size (more available on the workshop). Deposit EURO 100,-
Contents: At this course, you will be sufficiently familiar with the entire workflow, so that you can continue on your own.
From image processing to final print
- The making of the perfect positive for classic photography based on your photo and optimizing the digital positive in Photoshop / levels and curves for photogravure.
- Preparation of the photopolymer plate.
- UV exposure of the aquatint screen and positive. (If the weather is sunshine, it will also be possible to try the sun as a light source).
- Developing the Photopolymer plate.
- Curing the plate.
- Inking up and printing the plate
- Presentation of the finished photogravure (the final intaglio print).
During the workshop, we discuss all relevant topics such as types of transparent film, suitable printers, RIP software, drawing foils, printing papers, inks, etc.
We also discuss which positives are especially suitable or not for these techniques.
What to bring:
- You must bring apron.
- High quality photo (TIFF files / 300 dpi) on USB key or laptop. We work in the plate sizes 13 x 18 cm or 13 x 13 cm.