Weekend Course in Photogravure in Copenhagen
Photopolymer plates plader/Toyobo Plates with Henrik Bøegh
sat-sun 6th – 7th of April 2019
both days 10-16
If you are interested in this workshop, then send me a mail
and I will let you know the upcoming dates.
MAXIMUM 4 participants
Where: Grafisk Eksperimentarium, Trepkasgade 8, kld.tv., DK-2100 Copenhagen Ø
Who: Instructor Henrik Bøegh. The course is aimed at photographers and printmakers with or without knowledge of photogravure.
Price: EURO 335,- incl. all materials and 1 Photopolymer Plate in A3 size (more available on the workshop). Deposit EURO 100,-
Contents: At this course, you will be sufficiently familiar with the entire workflow, so that you can continue on your own.
From image processing to final print
- The making of the perfect positive for classic photography based on your photo and optimizing the digital positive in Photoshop / levels and curves for photogravure.
- Preparation of the photopolymer plate.
- UV exposure of the aquatint screen and positive. (If the weather is sunshine, it will also be possible to try the sun as a light source).
- Developing the Photopolymer plate.
- Hardening the plate.
- Inking up and printing the plate
- Presentation of the finished photogravure (the final intaglio print).
During the workshop, we discuss all relevant topics such as types of transparent film, suitable printers, RIP software, drawing foils, printing papers, inks, etc.
We also discuss which positives are especially suitable or not for these techniques.
What to bring:
– an apron or other work clothes
– High quality photo (TIFF files / 300 dpi) on USB key and/or laptop. We work in the plate sizes 13 x 18 cm or 13 x 13 cm.
ENROLMENT on [email protected]